Dates used: 1868 1872
Location of Fort: Dodson, MT
GPS N: 48-22.
This trading post was built on the south side of the Milk River in 1868 and named for the Secretary of the Interior C H Browning. It was about two miles southwest of the present town of Dodson.
For more information see:
American Forts Network (internet)
Encyclopedia of Historic Forts
Return to Index Return to Montana Forts