Fort Charles

               Maps                                                    Photos

Other Names: 

Dates used: 1861 -

Location of Fort: Oswego, MT

Use: Trading

GPS 

N:

W:

Fort Charles was stablished in 1861 by Bruguier and Booge on the left side of the Missouri River near the mouth of Prairie Elk Creek.  After a couple of years the fort was abandoned and late in 1863 Robert Meldrum claimed the fort and re-established the trade

For more information see:

Competitive Struggle

                                                                        Return to Index                         Return to Colorado Forts