Other Names: Fort Cooke
Dates used: 1870 - 1878
Location of Fort: Everson
GPS N: 47-44.
First constructed by T C Power on the south side of the Missouri River above the mouth of the Judith River in 1870, then later moved below the mouth of the Judith River in 1872. Originally it was called Fort Cooke, the name was later changed to Fort Clagett when it was moved.
For more information see:
American Forts Network (internet)
Encyclopedia of Historic Forts
Return to Index Return to Montana Forts