Dates used: 1877 - 1878
Location of Fort: Helena, MT
GPS N: 46-37.
This post was established by Colonel D F Jones on November 7, 1877 and was abandoned May 22, 1878. It was located on what is now the Helena Fair Grounds just three miles from the city.
For more information see:
American Forts Network (internet)
Encyclopedia of Historic Forts
Return to Index Return to Montana Forts