Other Names: Fort Turnay
Dates used: 1879 - 1882
Location of Fort: Lewistown, MT
GPS N: 47-03.978
A trading post established in 1879 by Francis A Janeaux near Big Spring Creek. The post was a stockade fort about 100 feet by 150 feet with two bastions at diagonal corners.
For more information see:
Encyclopedia of Historic Forts
Return to Index Return to Montana Forts