Other Names: Camp Baker
Dates used: 1869 - 1880
Location of Fort: White Sulphur Springs
GPS N: 46-40.
Located on the west bank of the Smith River about 17 miles northwest of the present town of White Sulphur Springs. In 1962 the one remaining blockhouse was moved to the center of the old parade ground.
For more information see:
American Forts Network (internet)
Encyclopedia of Historic Forts
Forts of the West
Return to Index Return to Montana Forts