Fort Lupton

               Maps                                                    Photos

Other Names: Fort Lancaster

Dates used: 1836 - 1845, 1859 - 1864

Location of Fort: Fort Lupton, CO

Use: Trading

GPS 

N: 40-05.961

W: 104-48.969

Established in 1836 and became the first permanent settlement in northern  Colorado.  Lupton abandoned his fort in 1845.  The fort was unoccupied from 1845 to 1859.  It was used as a stop for immigrants and then an Overland stage station.

For more information see:

American Forts Network (internet)

Encyclopedia of Historic Forts

                                                                        Return to Index                         Return to Colorado Forts