Fort Mc Kinney

               Maps                                                    Photos

Other Names: 

Dates used: 1876 - 1894

Location of Fort: Buffalo, WY

Use: Military

GPS 

N: 44-19.955

W: 106-44.323

Established in 1876 on the Powder River near old Fort Reno and originally called Cantonment Reno.  It was moved to a site on Clear Creek and renamed.  The pose became the State Soldiers and Sailors Home in 1905.

For more information see:

American Forts Network (internet)

Encyclopedia of Historic Forts

                                                                        Return to Index                         Return to Wyoming Forts