Other Names: Tongue River Agency
Dates used: 1890 - Unknown
Location of Fort: Lame Deer, MT
Camp Merritt was established in April 1890 on Lame Deer Creek near the present town of Lame Deer. It was to provide protection for the agency and in 1898 it became a sub-post to Fort Keogh.
For more information see:
American Forts Network (internet)
Encyclopedia of Historic Forts
Return to Index Return to Montana Forts