Dates used: 1873 - 1876
Location of Fort: Glendive, MT
GPS N: 47-01.251
Established in late July 1873 as an advance supply depot for the steamer that hauled supplies for the Northern Pacific Railroad survey. This depot was also used as a base of supply for General Alfred H Terry's 1876 Indian campaign. It was located about six miles south of the present town of Glendive on the left bank of the Yellowstone River.
For more information see:
American Forts Network (internet)
Encyclopedia of Historic Forts
Return to Index Return to Montana Forts